Thursday, November 11, 2004

Concealed Carry and the Seasons

The winter season coming in once again reminds me how easy it is to carry concealed during this period of time.

I live in a Southwestern state. My job demands that I some do some physically revealing things sometimes (like climbing ladders, looking in crawlspaces, etc.) It gets really hot here round about July.

During the summer, I reveal my wasteline quite a bit, which precludes any kind of full size pistol being worn in the belt. I don't own any sub-compacts that would qualify as an ankle back up (maybe I should remedy this.) Consequently, I carry my favorite handgun, the Glock 17 in my truck, but do not carry a weapon on my person (outside of a buttload of knives.)

Recently I blogged about the necessity of a gunsafe in a work environment. As the weather has cooled, I find no need for storage because carrying a Colt Commander in a Galco IWB holster is perfectly comfortable. None of the clerical girls realize and it is with me all of the time.

Coats, long shirts, and the weather have, for once, worked to my benefit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?