Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cool Tool

As my shooting has been intermittent, at best, the last six months, once I began to shoot again I remembered that you have to clean the fuckers, as well.


Firstly, I've basically only shot pistol for the last 9 months. That being said, I do own AR's that I keep close in the event of reset-button, zombies, home invasion, Red Dawn, etc. Well, I haven't actually broken those down in awhile to see what kind of shape they are in. I did last weekend.


I have no photos of that to post, because it is embarassing to let a firearm deteriorate to that state. Needless to say, my dining room table was covered with patches, solvent, brushes, rods, oil, etc. I still have black shit under my fingernails that I can't get out.


The item I'm pointing out is toothbrushes. If you clean ARs you need them. I realized, though, that the average nylon toothbrush only lasts as long as it takes to clean a really fucked up, abused, and ignored AR.


The Old Man found a solution and actually gave me one.



Hoppe's makes a bronze toothbrush. I figure that should make it through a few ARs before crapping out.

There's a link at the top, but it's backordered at Midway. Maybe try Brownell's.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?