Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Springfield 1903A3

Finally got my shit together and bought a CMP rifle. As the old man already owns a Springfield Garand chambered in .308, I opted for the Springfield 1903.

As near as I can tell, the only difference between the 1903 and the A3 is the presence of a nice apperture sight system on the '03. That is what I chose to go with.

CMP advises that it may take 9-16 weeks in order to receive the delivery. I sent in my shit a little over two weeks ago and this morning I had a gun. Beautiful.

What I didn't anticipate is the amount of grease that they subject these rifles to. I couldn't even check the rifling or really check on the condition of the stock because it looked like the virility god has been jerking off on it for the last 50 years.

Pics.

Comments:
You and the 30-06...

Sweet... I guess I need to get off my ass and get my CMP papers all finished up so I can get some CMP goodness all of my own...

Kirk
www.limpidity.org/index.php
 
One of the main diffs between the 03 and the A3 is that the A3 uses stamped rather than milled parts.
 
if you are looking for an o3, forget it cmp is out of stock
 
anyone know anywhere else to get 03s or garands than CMP?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?