Monday, May 09, 2005

American Rifleman

I am a member of the NRA and I give them money. I agree with the argument that, legislatively, they paint gunowners as strictly sportsmen and if they safeguard hunting, that will pacify the entire pro-2A crowd. They are mistaken in that.

Other than that, no one can argue that they were not against the AWB. AR's and AK's aren't hunting rifles, unless you are a kill-crazy Hmong in the woods in Minnesota.

Weirdly enough, my copy of American Rifleman showed up today. Last night I read an issue of "Guns & Ammo", which has to be the crappiest gun rag out there. For those of you who are AR fans, you might remember the "AR issue" where the editorial staff recommended doing shit that would blow up your gun, and maybe you.

Regardless of issues with the NRA, they put out a good periodical. There were articles on the 6.8mm cartridge (which I am mildly obsessed with), the XM-8, and the first article I've ever seen on NightForce scopes. They also reviewed common CQB scopes, including ACOGs, EOTechs, and a Leupold I've never seen before. I'm kind of saving for an ACOG and a Rock River lower receiver. With an A2 upper, I think that would be a blast.

If you subscribe, I recommend reading it cover to cover. If you don't, bum a copy from a friend. If your friends don't subscribe, join the fucking NRA already.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?