Saturday, April 16, 2005

BAG Day

I was late in posting, even though, like most, our BAG day guns were bought early. I made a concerted effort to actually buy a gun TODAY, but I was looking for a left-handed bolt, which is like a needle in a haystack. I think I have located the bolt and will be picking it up tomorrow.

In any case, the first gun up is the Old Man's Single-Six. 6 1/2" barrel, single action with beautiful iron sights. The cylinder swaps out, so it is capable of firing .22 LR or .22 Win Mag. As far as I know, the old man has only fired Win Mag on the 2 trips it has been to the range with us. Thus far, it is pretty close to being sited at 25 yards.

Secondly, is the H&K USP. Chambered in .45 ACP it is one of the mellowest .45 semi-autos I have ever touched. And it is black and eeeeeevil looking. For all you people who don't have grounds for an Americans With Disabilities Act suit ready to go, i.e., right-handed, this gun has several features outside of its plain bad-assness that make it appeal to the cripple in us southpaws. This is one of the few semi-autos with an ambidextrous magazine release. Given, it it's in a weirder spot than most, but it's ambidextrous, dammit. The other thing is, the safety/decocker is capable of being switched to the other side of the gun. You righties have no idea how nice it would be to actually have a safety/decocker that could be utilized with your left hand thumb while holding a weapon. It's also a shitload of fun to shoot and a very convenient full-size if you are using a shoulder rig.

As stated, we cheated and bought ours early. I made a good faith effort to actually buy a gun today, but alas and alack, it was not in the stars. Hopefully I am posting more pics tomorrow night.

Happy BAG day, everyone!

Comments:
Nice and nicer. Money well spent.
Yer "southpaw also" pal,
BULLSEYE
 
Very Cool.

And from another fellow southpaw. (I just can't call myself "a lefty" anymore, ya know what I mean?)

the sinister,
Individ
 
Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)
 
Hi there " Blogger " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?