Monday, March 07, 2005

Over Reaction

It seems to abound these days. I was reading Brent Bozell's column about some show I've never heard about. He refers to it as evil and calls upon everybody who believes in God to insurrect. I don't believe in God, but have great respect for his followers. This sort of grandstanding about a TV show does not enrich the public's opinion. It hurts it. And it is a show I've never heard of so why should I care?

On the other hand, we have a blogger insurrection happening. The Geek is a good blogger but I disagree with him on this one. He makes his argument here.

I find it unconvincing and I think the story broke before any of the gummint types had even given enforcement a thought. If they decide to do it, bloggers will have several years before it is strictly enforced. They won't decide to do it though, because no government, federal or state, has figured out how to regulate the internet. Therefore, all of you who are loading magazines and loading up on MRE's can take a break.

Just as a matter of common sense, don't advertise that you are the kind of fellow who is waiting for a law or reg. so you can break it. That's just not a good idea.

Much of you will think I have knuckled under to the jack-booted thugs from the ATF. Not so. My point is that a harmonious society results from people trying to get along. Once you state you adversity to government as a whole, you've put into danger the rest of our freedoms.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?