Monday, February 14, 2005

Weather/Work Bitch

For the last 6 weeks I've been plotting the necessary machinations to make my sojourn to Boomershoot a worthwhile undertaking. Early on, I was just practicing my groups at 200 yards, trying to gain consistency. About 3 weeks ago, I scored a Leupold Mark 4 LR Tactical Scope with a Mil-dot Reticle.

Since that time, I have mounted and bore-sighted the thing. Numerous gun nuts have verified that the reticle is level, the eye-relief is right, etc. I haven't shot it.

Sometime in the last six weeks my job has gone nuts. I've got more work than I know what to do with. Additionally, the normal New Mexico fair February skies have collapsed into some kind of overcast Seattle nightmare.

I'm sitting on close to 300 .30-06 Sierra Match King Federal cartridges, the rifle's ready for the range, and I'm going crazier than a shithouse rat.

I shot a buttload of pellets last weekend, but somehow, airguns no longer have the soothing effect they once did for me.

I'm praying for clear skies.

Endnote: Kyle over at CerebralMisfire is hanging up his spurs. Drop by and let him know he will be missed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?