Thursday, January 27, 2005

On Carson

I am in total agreement with Jeff on this one. The guy lived a long life and smoked a lot of cigarettes.

I didn't understand the Reagan thing; I mean he had been dying for a decade and finally gave up the ghost. Kudos, the guys in a better place. But Reagan actually affected history, Carson was a talk show host. My condolences to his family but who else gives a shit?

Even Peggy Noonan mentions him, in an aside that has nothing to do with her topic, (which I think is bad editorial form). The article is about how crappy the inaugural speech was. That's worlds away from the social-economic-political impact of some guy that cracked jokes late at night.

Jeff says it better so check out the link.

And, in case you were wondering, I didn't go into a week-long funk when Reagan died, although I know a lot of nutjobs who did.

Leave the dead alone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?