Sunday, October 24, 2004

Clarification

I think I need to clarify an earlier position I posted.

Being a hard-core conservative is a good thing. I am and I encourage other people to be.

That being said, you are not going to make Republicans more conservative by staging protest votes. I prefer the term "vanity votes", because it's just admitting that you think you are better than everyone else. Yes, "Moonbat" Badnarik is more clearly pro-2A than either of the 2 mainstream candidates, but there is a catch: he's out of his mind and voting for him ensures a Kerry victory.

The other thing I failed to address, reasonably, is single-issue voters. I thought this breed disappeared after 9/11, but I was sorely mistaken. The Second Amendment is important to me, but that is not the sole issue I vote on.

3 years after the attacks, there are still people who can only think about abortion, gays, and guns (h/t to Howard Dean, although I left out God and didn't get any nifty alliteration.) That stance is insane. There are myriad other issues that a President should and has to deal with.

In total, Spoons is not a single-issue voter and has taken a broad-issue view of the election.

I still don't understand the dithering, but some are more principled than I.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?