Thursday, September 30, 2004

Debate

I'm still wrangling with the whole debate. It was definitely now what I was expecting.

I anticipated Bush, like he did in 2000, surprising everyone and kicking the crap out of Kerry. Alas and alack, that was not the case.

Kerry started out very weak and I thought it was going to be a done deal. He picked up strength as the debate went on. He finished up, I think.

What I found disturbing, was that Bush took Gore's role in 2000. Bush looked impatient, damn near rolled his eyes, and facially dismissed every point as if it was moronic. The problem here is that Bush is not the greatest orator to grace the western world in the last couple of minutes. Bush's strength in the 2000 debates was the fact that he remained calm and appeared human and wouldn't stoop. He failed in that regard.

And by not losing, Kerry won.

It still would have been more interesting if they would have let Lyndon LaRouche have a podium.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?